back to New User Guide Index page
SEXTANTE (Sistema EXTremeño de ANàlisis Territorial) is a library of geoprocesses developed in Java by Victor Olaya. It has more than 280 algorithms that cover many areas within the geospatial analysis, both raster and vector. SEXTANTE is embedded into major opensource GIS projects, such as gvSIG, OpenJUMP or uDig, and in free/propetary non-java projects like QGIS and ArcGIS. Sextante is distributed with OpenJUMP PLUS version
The following documents (PDF, in English) are available on OpenJUMP web site:
- Introduction to Sextante. A complete manual of all the functions available on Sextante.
- Sextante Programming Guide. How to program a Sextante plugin
- Sextante List of Algorithms. The complete list of Algorithms available on OpenJUMP Sextante
There is also a YouTube channel (SEXTANTE Geospatial Library) on how to use Sextante
- OpenJUMP Sextante binding is the file ojsextante_binding_XXX.jar (where XXX is the date of build) located into OpenJUMP/lib/ext folder
- the core of Sextante software are the files: sextante.jar, sextante_gui.jar and sextante_algorithms.jar located into OpenJUMP/lib/ext/sextante folder
- There are other files located into ext/sextante folder which are needed as external libraries by sextante, such as jfreechart and common.
- Source code of Sextante is stored by GvSIG CE repository