Downloadable Tutorials and Guides
From OpenJUMP Wiki
Note, most of the documentation is accessible on our general download page
Tutorials and User Guides
A - English Docs
- An English OpenJUMP Tutorial by Stefan Steiniger and Michael Michaud for users with a basic GIS knowledge (note: only some of the data are provided)
- An English OpenJUMP 1.1 Tutorial by Uwe Dalluege
- An English pseudo-exercise by Ravi with the topic: Where to locate a nuclear power plant? It introduces OpenJUMPs basic analysis functions.
- Another English pseudo-exercise for OpenJUMP 1.3 by Ravi on mineral targeting. It introduces into OpenJUMP editing, query and analyis function as well as into working with PostGIS.
- Other original JUMP documentation (a wee bit old)
- Original VividSolutions JUMP 1.1 English User Guide
- OpenJUMP Workshop for FOSS4G 2006 by Erwan Brocher - this tutorial has been updated for OpenJUMP 1.3 and presented at OGRS 2009 (see above)
B - Other Language Docs
- A German introductory OpenJUMP 1.6 Tutorial (Grundlagen) by Uwe Dalluege
- A German OpenJUMP PostGIS 2.0 Tutorial (Grundlagen) by Uwe Dalluege
- A German introductory OpenJUMP 1.5 Tutorial (Grundlagen) by Uwe Dalluege
- A German OpenJUMP PostGIS 1.5 Tutorial (Grundlagen) by Uwe Dalluege
- A User Guide for Field Work GIS Station powered by OpenJUMP in Japanese download by Yuji Murayama, Hisaji Ono
- Spanish Original VividSolutions JUMP 1.1 User Guide
- Portuguese JUMP 1.1 User Guide by Flavia Coelho Couto JoÃo Batista Brito and Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
- Italian JUMP 1.1 User Guide by Diego Magni
- The book PostGIS in Action by Regina O. Obe and Leo S. Hsu contains a section on how to use OpenJUMP GIS with PostGIS.
- Portugese presentation by Ezequias R. da Rocha