From OpenJUMP Wiki
- OpenJUMP user list moved from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com. Users can subscribe here: http://groups.google.com/group/openjump-users
- we discovered the project Jump4Schools - unfortunately the webpage is in german, but the person may also speak English if you have questions. ...and of course; we wish good luck with the project!
- [1st Dec 2014] - New OpenJUMP 1.8.0 is released (download)
- [29th May 2014] - New OpenJUMP 1.7.1 is available (download)
- [11th May 2014] - New OpenJUMP 1.7.0 is available (download)
- [8th Nov 2013] - Two new plugins for linear referencing
- [7th Nov 2013] - New version of the csv-driver (0.8) : please update
- [4th Nov 2013] - The new default-plugins.xml makes it possible to customize the whole menu without coding
- [3rd Aug 2013] - New driver to load OpenStreetMap *.osm files (download) (part of OpenJUMP PLUS from version 1.6.4 on) => see also Working with OpenStreetMap data
- [29th May 2013] - New release 1.6.3 is available (download)
- [23 April 2013] - New release 1.6.2 is available (download)
- [12 April 2013] - New bugfix release 1.6.1 fixing a startup issue on Mac and Linux is available (download)
- [11 April 2013] - New release 1.6.0 is available (download)
- [13 mar 2013] - Development snapshots now contain general shortcut support, shortcut overview is available under Help/Shortcuts
- [14 oct 2012] - New Beanshell Attribute Calculator (See a screencast)
- [18 Jun 2012] - New Concave Hull extension (more details)
- [18 May 2012] - New Release 1.5.2 is available (download)
- [16 Apr 2012] - Release of a new CSV driver (0.6) which replaces the txt driver currently included in PLUS edition
- [02 Feb 2012] - New Release 1.5.1 is available (download)
- [27 Nov 2011] - We are trying to get a Doc_Sprint organized for the first part of 2012.
- [26 Nov 2011] - New version of DB Query plugin 0.8 (more details)
- [11 Sep 2011] - New Release 1.4.2 is available (download)!
- [02 July 2011] - New Release 1.4.1 is available (download)!
- [29 Jun 2011] - new Geometry Converter Extension version 0.3rc4 available
- [28 June 2011] - internationalized CTS extension (Coordinate transformation services) version 0.2 stable released
- [21 Aug 2010] - updated Coordinate transformation plugin (CTS extension) and revamped Live GPS support for serial devices (GPS extension) for OpenJUMP by Edgar Soldin available at The Jump Pilot Project download page.
- [07 Feb. 2010] - new SpatialLite plugin for OpenJUMP that allows to read SpatialLite layers. Note the new Version of the DB Query Plugin can read SpatialLite too. Jukka made a tutorial for this - see OpenJUMP with SpatialLite.
- [01 Dec 2010] - Maintenance Release 220.127.116.11 is available (download)!
- [08 Nov 2010] - Maintenance Release 18.104.22.168 is available (download)!
- [24 Oct 2010] - New OpenJUMP Release 1.4 is available (download)!
- [04 Jan. 2010] - Happy New Year 2010
- [06 Dec. 2009] - OpenJUMP 1.3.1 Maintenance Release
- [03 Dec. 2009] - please read OpenJUMP TIFF image export bug fix
- [01 Dec. 2009] - please read openjump.exe not a virus
- [29. Nov. 2009] - A bundled Sextante and OpenJUMP 1.3.1 Version can be downloaded here
- [10. Nov. 2009] - Why we can not join the OSGeo - probably
- [2. Nov. 2009] - Dante Fuster shipped a new DXF driver plugin and a plugin that reads Excel files, see our Plugins for OpenJUMP section
- [29. Sept. 2009] - release of Version 1.3 of the PostGIS plugin (see our sourceforge downloads)
- [16. Nov. 2009] - We moved the wiki content - jippy! (hopefully almost completely
- [17. Sept. 2009] - we started moving the old wiki to this new one
- [11th July 2009] OGRS 2009 held in Nantes on 8, 9 and 10th of july. It was a great moment to learn and share experiences about OSSGeo. About 20 people participated in the OpenJUMP lab. You can find all the tutorials at this address. There are also more adresses at the bottom of the page.
- [24th May 2009] There is a good paper and a video showing how to use OpenJUMP with PotgreSQL/PostGIS on PGCon 2009 site. Thanks to PostGIS gurus to have made it available.
- [4th May 2009] Ravi submitted another English for pseudo-exercise OpenJUMP 1.3 on mineral targeting. It introduces into OpenJUMP editing, query and analyis function as well as into working with PostGIS.
- [15th February 2009] New page for users Portable OpenJUMP
- [5th November 2008] Ravi contributed a pseudo-exercise with the topic: Where to locate a nuclear power plant? taken from his _Demistify GIS_ lecture
- [20th October 2008] Victor Olaya has published the first version of Sextante for OpenJUMP. Sextante is a free set of tools for spatial analysis developed by the Junta de Extremadura (ES).